I. Policy Statement
1. A standard set of software for general use will be established and maintained by Information Technology. Software will be added to this list in consultation with the Information Technology Committee (ITC). This software is funded centrally.
2. A limited amount of freeware will be allowed with a one-year expiration date. The requestor will have the ability to extend the expiration for one year.
3. Some software is discipline specific, i.e. used in the curriculum of a specific department or multiple departments. Such software will be assigned a three-year expiration, which is renewable if the software is upgraded. The appropriate dean or deans in combination fund this software.
4. The following software installation request deadlines apply. For fall, installation requests should be in by July 1. For winter, installation request should be in by December 1. For summer, installation request should be in by April 1. Software is requested to be added to the lab image by filling out an installation request form.
5. All software must be compatible with the current operating system in the computer labs.